Sunday 27 April 2014

Sunday fun

Well I'm back and completely exhausted after a lovely Sunday at Quilt and Stitch Village with the girls :) I don't have the energy left for many words but here are some photos so you can get a flavour of the day :)
There was quite a bit of gossiping... 
Trudi unimpressed at being captured on camera, Kerry, Ange (and bubs) and Susan unaware :)
Susan, Wendy (sorry!) and Mary
some general quilt appreciation...
Kerry and her quilt
Susan and her quilt
I got this shot of Katy's quilt in her absence.
My Never Forgotten improv quilt stood out like a sore thumb but it was nice to see it hung amongst the other entries.
I can now show you the other quilt that I entered too :) I'll be back next week with better photos and more information on the Brit Print Girl Medallion (top of photo).
We had plenty of fabric stroking opportunities too at Justine and Lisa's Simply Solids stall and Natalie and Tracey's Pin it and Stitch to name just two. Hubby's going to be very pleased that I don't go out very often...we may not eat for a month or so ;) All in all a fab day! Catch you soon x

11 comments:

  1. Excellent, and by the looks of it you all rang each other to have co-ordinating outfits too!!!

    Love your quilts, did you get judges comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Och, a diet's always good after Easter anyway ;o)

    Thanks for capturing them all - was that a pastel horror above mine? I've only seen glimpses, and I'm a little scared ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an excellent day out. I hope you blog about your purchases as those of us on a fabric diet need to live vicariously ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see the girlies and such lovely quilts too! Sounds like a fun day! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful day. I wish that I could have faced the eight hour round trip, one day maybe!

    Btw, something looks very wrong in the first two pics - you're all sat in front of a bar and drinking water? Wrong, very wrong ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful photos, I wish I could have seen all those quilts hanging in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how good to meet up with so many friends and such a good day,well done with your quilts, they look great. Good to see you met Justine and Lisa, they run our Leeds MQG which I belong to

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so good to see you and I had a fab time. Your quilt stood out not like a sore thumb but like a unique and incredibly wonderful creation, you silly sausage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you all had a wonderful time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wot Susan said! Hope you're well rested today, I'm tireder (yes tireder) than I thought I was!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a wonderful day! And I'm with Susan about your quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.